We Need BINGO Callers!
Ever thought of hitting it big time and being a bingo caller? We, have we got a deal for you! Free of charge we can hook you up.
We need more people willing to do the calling so that the current callers don't have to be at bingo multiple times a month. If you are willing to learn, please contact .....
Have you Signed up for Bingo Lately?
Bingo is our key band fundraiser. Without it band fees would be at least double. We ask that all band parents, no matter what band your student is a part of, work bingo once a month. It is easy, it is fun, and you will directly earn additional funds for your student. Use the sign up link below We are in great need of callers and records keepers. Please just sign up as a Trainee on the sign up sheet and tell them that is what you are willing to learn.
What is the Bingo Fundraiser?
The South Lyon Band Parents Association has a Large Bingo License issued by the Charitable Gaming Division of the State of Michigan. This Bingo fundraiser is the major source of funding for the South Lyon Band Parents Association. It is held every Thursday at the First Presbyterian Church.
Bingo benefits both band parents and SLBPA. Proceeds generated from Bingo go into the General Operating Budget of the SLBPA. Volunteers receive $20 per 4 hour shift into their student's account which is used for band related fees. Less than 4 hours is a half shift and you receive $10. This is a significant portion of the budget for SLBPA and greatly helps reduce the band expenses for many parents!
How can I help out?
Helping is easy! We will start you with an easy assignment such as selling concessions or as a floor worker. From there you can choose other assignments that interest you. Bingo Workers usually work from 4–8 pm or 5:30–9:30 pm. Concessions are sold from 4:30-8:30pm. If you volunteer to prepare concessions you can prepare the food ahead of time at your convenience. Please note that if you come at 6:00pm it will be counted as a half shift. Sometimes splitting the time works better for people and their schedules.
What kind of help is needed?
- Food Prep: Ready by 4:30 pm; 2 adults are needed to buy and make the food. We serve hot meals/sandwiches along with homemade desserts. One person covers main entrees and one covers desserts. If things are slow you can help out on the Bingo floor.Here are some food prep activities.
- Concessions: 4:30-8:00 pm; 1 adult to cover selling the concessions during Bingo. If you are doing food prep, you usually can cover this as well, so sign up for both! We can take up to 2 students as well. Students don't earn money, but they can count the time as service hours towards their letter.
- Charity Tickets: 4:30-8:30 pm; 2 adults to sell tickets during the night. You will also assist the floor workers.
- Caller: 6:00-9:00 pm; 2 adults to work the numbers and also help with final clean up.
- Floor Workers: 5:15-9:00 pm; 3 adults to assist the players, read back Bingo numbers and clean up tables. Will help with final clean up as well.
- (CURRENTLY NOT NEEDED) Dessert Donation: Ready by 4:30 pm; 2 Any donated desserts can be sold, make up an extra batch of anything and we can sell it.
- Chair Person: We need someone at the site that is on the Bingo license as the Chair Person. The Chair Person needs to know the Bingo rules and be available to help set up and close. At least one chairperson needs to be there – so the more we have, the less each has to do.
Are all the volunteer spots full and you still want to help? Come out and PLAY bingo! Bring your friends and family too. You'll have a great time and you could even win $$$ and help SLBPA at the same time.